Hidden switches allow you to hide a redstone lever or button behind a wall. On right click of the associated block, the lever or button will toggle.
Hidden switches consist of three parts:
- A block to put the sign on.
- Either a sign post or wall sign with [x] as the second line.
- A lever or button one block away from the sign in any right angle direction.
- Right clicking a block next to the sign while not holding any item in your hand will toggle the switch(es) or button(s) adjacent to the sign.
- You can enter an item-id in the first line of a sign to require the player to hold the specified item to be able to use the hidden switch. If the user does not hold this item, he will read that his key did not fit.
- Usage of hidden switches could be restricted by entering a group name in the third line of the sign (case-sensitive). Users not in the listed group get an error message. Ex. - "Jonin"