The Hard Mode starter island is a bit special. Unlike the other islands, it does not come with ice blocks, water, lava, or even a bucket. Instead, you must obtain those yourself using the PandaCraft custom items. It's also quite a bit smaller and has a very annoyingly tall tree. This starter island isn't for the casual player but for those who want a challenge that takes time and effort. In the beginning, the only resource you'll have to expand your island is wood. The general steps to getting to the point where you can make a cobblestone generator are:
- Use a Crook to obtain Silkworms and extra saplings from leaves, as well as some apples for food.
- Craft a Barrel to start composting extra saplings and Silkworms into dirt.
- Infest some leaves with Silkworms to obtain enough string to craft two cobwebs.
- Craft a Sieve and start sifting the dirt from the Barrels until you have enough Rocks to craft 12 cobblestone. You'll get a lot of other items from sifting dirt, like clay, saplings, and seeds, which should help.
- Use the 8 cobblestone to craft a furnace and use the furnace to smelt 2 cobblestone into stone.
- Craft a Hammer with the two stone and hammer a single cobblestone block into gravel, then hammer that gravel into sand.
- Use the furnace to smelt the 5 sand blocks on your island and the 1 sand you hammered into glass blocks.
- Use the glass blocks to craft glass panes and use one pane to craft a Fresnel Lens.
- Melt a cobblestone block in the Fresnel Lens.
- Use the clay you get from sifting dirt to make a Clay Bucket.
- Use one or two Barrels to collect rain water and use a Clay Bucket to collect the water and make an infinite water source.
- Use the Clay Bucket to pick up the lava from the Fresnel Lens and place it down where you want it for the cobblestone generator.
- Use the water from your infinite water source to complete the cobblestone generator.
- Make enough cobblestone using Rocks to craft a stone pickaxe so you can start mining cobblestone. Alternatively, make a Stone Hammer instead and try to get enough Iron Ore from sifting the gravel you hammered to make an iron pickaxe.